Job title: Civil Engineer
My client has an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer within the Belfast office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high profile projects throughout Ireland, the UK & beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as an Engineer.
Ideally, you will be a motivated, progressive and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role, to provide support to the team within the office - An individual who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly, accurately and on time.
Reporting directly to a senior member of team, you will:-
- Undertake civil engineering design of projects.
- Assist in the delivery of projects on time and to budget.
- Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team’s objectives.
- Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures.
- Assist in the contract administration of projects.
- Undertake site visits and surveys.
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, consultants, statutory authorities and utility companies.
- Work as part of a larger team on major commissions across our national teams.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Have a UK accredited degree (either BEng(Hons) or MEng) in Civil Engineering.
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment.
- Chartered or approaching Chartered status with the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Good attitude to health and safety practices within the workplace, and design.
- A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD.
- Fully IT literate and proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office.
- Experience in the use of software including AutoCAD and Microdrainage, WinDes.
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification for Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification for the Water Industry and their implementation.
- Experience of and the ability to work within project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies.
- Delivering work to set timescales and deadlines.
- Suitability for UK Security Clearance.
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions of Contract
- Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant
- Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company.
- An enthusiastic and professional approach to engineering problems.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills.
- An effective team player, organised, flexible and articulate.
- Good time management and reliability and display initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members internally and externally.
- Possess attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality output
- Ownership of the work done under your control
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Civil Engineer role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.