£55k - 56k per year + Tax free + £6250 bonus + Free accommodation
about 1 month ago
Chief Aircraft Structural Engineer
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
We are currently recruiting a Chief Aircraft Structural Engineer to work on a permanent basis in Saudi Arabia.
You will receive a tax-free salary of around £55,800 including travel allowance paid quarterly and bachelor service paid monthly. You will also receive a £6250 bonus upon completion of 24 months. You will live on site with free accommodation and receive access to all facilities on base.
Once in country, you will also have the opportunity to relocate family with you if married.
For such maintenance and training, this role is requires a structural specialist with skills and knowledge beyond those expected of maintenance personnel and who is responsible for advising the RSAF on all structural design matters for aircraft structural repairs and other aircraft structural design work.
You will provide Engineering Assistance to all Fast Jet and Flying Training bases on a wide variety of non-structures related, aircraft and associated equipment Engineering and Policy matters within your capability.
- Ensure that methods and data used for repairs are compatible with those necessary to maintain the structural integrity of the aircraft and respect the standard procedures of the Design Authority.
- Identify those aircraft repairs that need referral to the Design Authority and cannot be dealt with in-Kingdom and ensure liaison between the Design Authority and Aeronautical Engineering staff in progressing repair work.
- Undertake damage assessments on behalf of the RSAF in order to establish the extent of repair action required.
- Provide advice and assistance during the embodiment of aircraft and A.G.E. structural repairs and modifications.
- Provide structural engineering assistance to aircraft Incident and Accident investigations.
- Investigate and make recommendations on inspection schedules / maintenance requirements etc. for recurring structural problems.
- Prepare and draft briefs for the RSAF to be presented to MODSAP, the Prime Contractor and vendors at formal and informal meetings such as the Tornado Platform Integrity Working Group (PIWG) and the Joint Obsolescence and Supportability Working Group (JOSWG).
- Provide RSAF Officer structural familiarisation training both informally and in a formal classroom situation including the preparation and delivery of instruction that will ultimately lead to the award of a certificate of completion for the AES Engineers involved.
- Honours Degree in a Structures related discipline (Aeronautical, Mechanical, etc.) is essential.
- Have completed a recognized course in aircraft engineering or related engineering discipline at a military or civilian school of technical training, and / or have completed an appropriate apprenticeship.
- Extensive experience as an aircraft Design Engineer with some years spent on at least one of the SBDCP aircraft (Hawk / Tornado) or Typhoon.
- Self-motivated with the ability to analyse problems and formulate solutions to new issues that are outside the scope of the T.O.’s., (Technical Orders) but which respects the design philosophy of the aircraft type.
- Ability to be able to produce high quality letters and reports using the Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
- Ability to be able to produce high quality drawings, models and repair instructions for technicians to follow in the repair of aircraft and A.G.E. using the AutoCAD drawing package or similar.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and utilities, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation.
In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
Demand for this high will be very high therefore if you would like to process an application please contact Jade Whitmore at email@example.com or call 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.