£150k - 180k per year + Uncapped Bonus + Car/Allowance + Pension + PHC + Death in Service
3 months ago
My Client is a multi
-discipline engineering services business operating across many manufacturing sectors, typically - food and beverage, automotive, aerospace & defence, pharmaceutical & bio sciences, petrochemical and general manufacturing.
As a result of continued growth and ambitious future growth plans, the company now seeks a Chief Operating Officer to join its executive team at its Head Office in the West Midlands.
The Chief Operating Officer plans, directs, and oversees the company’s operational strategy. Ensures the organisation executes its long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, and leadership.
- Contribute to and approve the business plans for all divisions within the group;
- Ensure the 5-year business plan is always in sight when setting strategies and operational plans;
- Strength test all business plans, ensuring they are stretching and achievable;
- Feel and uphold the brand in all business activities, internal and external;
- Encourage entrepreneurial flare in divisional MDs, within the business framework;
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and work with all parties to find ways to continuously improve processes;
- Develop and implement growth strategies in collaboration with MDs and the CEO;
- Act as a liaison between company and customers for quality assurance and sales purposes where necessary;
- Ensure a collaborative approach to shared problems through detailed understanding of the divisions;
- Continually examine the strengths and weaknesses of the senior team and address accordingly through strong decision-making and mentoring;
- Provide mentoring wherever necessary as a respected and experienced senior leader;
- Encourage problem solving within the divisions and be prepared to make quick decisions when necessary;
- Motivate staff to meet or surpass organisational and sales goals;
- Ensure employees feel valued and ensure collaboration between divisions for best practice;
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to quickly address any problems that arise.
- Either degree educated or with appropriate qualifications and experience gained through an apprenticeship or similar route;
- Considerable experience (10 years +) in a technical service provision environment;
- Able to adopt and develop the company vision and translate it into strategic and operational practice;
- Able to identify commercial solutions and opportunities to drive further growth;
- Experienced in managing a multi-division business across several sectors and disciplines;
- A true people person who understands the power of relationships and collaboration;
- Data rational and understands inter-relationships between key business measures, functions and operational outputs;
- Possesses the optimum mixture of gravitas and natural people skills, being a strong communicator at all levels;
- Strong understanding of complex business problems and ability to identify appropriate solutions through people and process management;
- Ability to understand financial reports and identify strategies and objectives to drive growth.
This is a unique opportunity to join a hugely successful and rapidly developing established business in a pivotal role. If you are a strong people person with the very best capabilities in understanding and driving multi-division growth with director/C suite experience in operations within an engineering service business, I’d like to hear from you.
Please note: All applications will be reviewed week commencing 5th July 2021. We are unable to respond to direct contact before this date.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.