Job title: Chief Exterior Designer
Salary: £Competitive (DOE)
An unmissable opportunity has become available within SAIC which presents an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chief Exterior Designer to oversee, manage and lead Exterior Design development of Advanced concepts and content.
You'll be joining a highly collaborative, creative environment to deliver world-class, advanced design projects for the MG car brand, as well as other future products for the wider group!
- Lead the UK Exterior Design team to ensure proper conditions for delivering outstanding results and achieve expectations. Set clear time frames and objectives and ensure capabilities are continually improved upon
- Accurate and creative interpretation of product plan and brand strategy and subsequent translation into coherent product proposals.
- Sponsorship and execution of innovative and desirable exterior product proposals. Delivered in the appropriate creative form for effective communication of concept and idea to management for review and approval
- Have ownership of all aspects of exterior design to include proportion, surface language, detail component, identity and graphic.
- Provide creative project leadership and direction to a team of Designers
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Well-developed leadership skills and the ability to inspire a team of designers, digital and clay modellers and engineers to deliver the design brief objective
- Extensive experience in Automotive Design, within OEM environment, operating preferably at an international level
- A sound knowledge of all available 3D design and modelling techniques
- Excellent Creative Ideas Generation
- Able to make design input with benefit of 3D experience.
- Excellent IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications (Photoshop)
- The ability to operate in multi-cultural environment requiring patience & understanding
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of design process
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446156.