Competitive Salary and Benefits
Chief Engineer - Structures
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Chief Engineer, Vehicle Integration, Attributes, Engineering, Design, Development, Programme, Strategy, Concept, Delivery
Do you want to work for a forward thinking organisation that provides innovation solutions to some of the automotive industries most challenging technical problems within the development of new vehicles and platforms? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Chief Engineer - Structures who has the ability to take new vehicle architecture & platforms from initial design concepts through all design, development and prototype phases and through to launch.
As a Chief Engineer - Structures your main responsibilities will include;
- Responsibility for Technical Excellence for Structures (Auto/IHM)
- Technology development & robust delivery to programmes and services
- Accountability for Gateway delivery to programme and services needs
- Custodian of component/system best practice and performance delivery
- Responsible for generation and maintenance of domain specific Design Guidelines, DFMEA, IPR ect.
- Core competences; skills, training and development to ensure skills match customer requirements.
- Recruitment and manning vs. programme and services needs
- IT skilling, IT strategy for CoE specific tools
- Business Development including presentation preparation and client face off
- Input to proposal development
- Research and new technologies
- Innovation strategy
- Investment planning for equipment and facilities
- Accountable to ensure maximum billability for headcount.
- Globally responsible to support all regions with appropriate resource capacity and capability.
- Support TTL internal D&D project
Knowledge / Experience required:
- Proven track record of leadership within automotive & industrial machinery structures including:
- Significant experience in the design and development of sheet metal, composite structures and fabrications for defence, automotive, construction, agricultural, mining or special vehicles
- Technical knowledge of design & material technologies & specifications for steel, aluminium, composites & other light weight structures.
- Good understanding of stamping, welding, joining, sealing and other manufacturing technologies to create structural parts & assemblies
- Demonstrable understanding of various vehicle structures architectures (Auto/IHM)
- Broad understanding of various OEM Vehicle New Product Introduction NPI processes
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Recognised qualification related to your domain, degree level or above
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.