Chief Engineer Infotainment
Since a recent acquisition, this household name in sports cars is undergoing a renaissance - investments in new facilities, new vehicle lines and new technologies. As such there has never been a better time to join this organisation. The infotainment department sits along side connectivity and HMI (UX/UI). It is responsible for all modules (HW & SW) including display, computers and audio & controls.
What you will do:
The Chief Engineer of infotainment will manage infotainment domain work and be responsible for all design and developing activity across platforms. You also need to take care of innovation related work and introduce innovation to new projects.
- Plan resources, assignments, department output, and budget. Enhance associate development through mentoring, training plans, goal setting, and performance appraisals.
- Work closely with the Director/Head of Infotainment and connectivity, managers and PMO to drive teams.
- Managing different teams in your area running in an effective and productive way.
- Analyse and create project requirements, definitions and processes with project leaders for each project.
- Develop project plans and effectively communicate timing and critical paths
- Assess needs and take initiative to determine solutions.
- Guide and facilitate project objectives.
- Facilitate a team environment.
- Manage different teams, making them accountable and keeping projects on target.
- Arrange testing resource and setup
- Observe and measure project performance to determine if the project is hitting the milestones and targets.
- Involve respective departments, engineers and suppliers in key decisions to create greater accountability.
- Work to eliminate impediments to the project's success.
- Work with all departments to ensure that goals of each team are met and expectations are communicated.
- Coach and assist teams with their target.
- Own the infotainment daily operation.
- Coordinate and manage external suppliers and supplier activities related to the projects
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree and experience in engineering, product development or project management
- Infotainment project management experience
- Project management skills
- Team leader skills
- CAD knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- OEM/supplier Infotainment project leader or infotainment project manager or vehicle function manager
What you will get:
- The opportunity to introduce brand new infotainment systems, features and world class processes to an exciting range of sporty vehicles
- Salary package that is commensurate with experience including relocation to Norfolk if required.
Please apply with current CV and details on your salary package and notice period