Chief Engineer (Automotive Controllers), £ Highly Competitive , Nuneaton
A Chief Engineer is required for a highly-regarded transmission and driveline company.
This is an exciting and vital senior management role with responsibility for defining the strategy in relation to Electronic Hardware Design and Embedded Software.
The role involves work on both R&D and client specific projects, including hybrid and electric vehicle applications, with responsibility for overall commercial success.
Customer relationship management and business development is a key part of the role.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for coordinating input for proposals and quotes through to submission and follow up response. Additionally, facilitating the translation of customer requirements and design parameters into technical and support requirements, including reviewing risks, issues and ensuring the right technical team is in place for each project.
Candidate requirements and experience for this Chief Engineer role:
- Honours Degree qualified
- Depth of experience in automotive analogue and digital design
- Designing with Freescale/NXP processors or equivalent
- Use of appropriate simulation tools
- Production of product documentation such as pinouts, hw/sw interface
- Good understanding of ISO26262 and system analysis such as FMEA / HAZOP
- Production of specifications of circuitry for 3rd party manufacture
- Low-level programming skills in C would be useful
This is an excellent career opportunity and in addition the successful candidate can expect:
- A very competitive salary and bonus
- Pension, life assurance and private health care
- The opportunity to influence the business direction and grow the role
Suitably qualified and experienced Principal and Chief Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .