Chief Engineer- Connectivity, Norfolk
Well known sports car manufacturer going through a period of investment and envigorisation is seeking a Chief Engineer on vehicle connectivity to build capability. You would be responsible for defining and specifying architecture as this is not a "carry over". It represents an opportunity to deliver something innovative and new as AI is part of this remit
What you will do:
- Manage connectivity domain work, responsible for design and developing sports vehicle connectivity systems.
- Work with other partners, automotive player, technology supplier, exist eco system or start-up companies in order to set strategy/business model for connectivity.
- Plan resources, assignments, department output, and budget. Enhance associate development through mentoring, training plans, goal setting, and performance appraisals.
- Develop project plans and effectively communicate timing and critical paths
- Manage teams, making them accountable and keeping projects on target. Observe and measure project performance to determine if the project is hitting the milestones and targets.
- Own the connectivity daily operation.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree and experience in engineering, product development or project management
- OEM/supplier connectivity project leader or Connectivity project manager or Vehicle function manager or IoT company technical manager, solution manager etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Software development knowledge
What you will get:
- Chance to grow and manage a small team of around 10 people
- Opportunity to investigate and implement new solutions
- Halo position within the industry
- Growth opportunities within bigger brand