Competitive Plus Benefits
11 months ago
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Chief, Principal, Project, Design, Development, Engineering, Prototype, Build, Innovation, Performance, Leadership, Delivery, DFM, DFA, CAD, Manufacturing
Do you want to work for one of the most iconic and exciting British Motorcycling brands, driving engineering excellence across their range of products? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Chief Engineer to help grow the product range and support the delivery of strategic projects across all design and engineering in the UK following a significant recent investment in the business.
As a Chief Engineer you will need to be able to demonstrate experience in delivering projects from a new product development perspective to meet corporate objectives and targets within a highly technical and innovative environment. As a Chief Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Creation of technical solutions, this role also requires proven team leadership capability and offers commercial development opportunity
- Delivery of technical solutions (often new or novel to meet demanding client requirements) for motorcycle chassis and body system
- Lead cross functional delivery teams, typically encompassing; chassis design and the integration of styling, powertrain and electrical systems, calling upon domain specialist expertise support as required
- Provide senior input and approval to proposals, presentations and concepts / reports / drawings etc. including leading client meetings and providing significant customer management
- All technical and potentially commercial aspects of project delivery of self and team, as well as awareness of and adherence to common project management techniques
- Leading technical authority for the company in chosen area, shaping company position on subject, promotes excellence both internally and externally
- Project variety, encompassing many different customer markets, highly varied product sectors e.g. scooter, off-road and cruiser at any or all project phases, from clean sheet to production
- Managing and leading simulation, analysis and diagnosis, design, planning, implementation and evaluation of technical systems and problem root cause analysis
- Contributes to significant commercial and organisational planning being able to approve documents, deliverables, proposals and requisitions according to defined limits
- Contributes to the development of design guidelines, tools and techniques, supporting relationships both internally and externally while developing commercial opportunities customer project work
As a Chief Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Highly competent in the application of a comprehensive range of fundamental Engineering principles to generate or guide the creation of optimal motorcycle specific solutions and sufficiently flexible to adapt first principle techniques across a wide range of known and sometimes novel contexts
- Capable of writing technical standards and promotion of excellence in motorcycle vehicle design, through coaching of others, and engagement in technical reviews
- Operated within a similar role at an OEM / Tier 1 or Engineering consultancy, ideally in a design, analysis, test and development, manufacturing related discipline.
- Track record in delivering project and programmes within the product development arena in the motorcycle, automotive and/or motorsport sector (ideally two wheels, innovation, EV or advanced technology) is essential.
Applications will be welcomed from Engineering Professionals with a practical approach to leading product development programmes in the automotive, motorsport, EV and/or innovation arena. Interest in the Chief Engineers position is expected to be high so if you have skills and experience required to deliver products from concept through all development phases and into production and are interested, please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 to discuss further or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.