Chief Electrical Systems Engineer - Warwick - £ Highly Competitive + Excellent benefits
A Chief Electrical Systems Engineer is required for a thriving automotive engineering consultancy at the forefront of electric and hybrid vehicle design and development. The successful candidate will lead the engineering of innovative powertrain applications over a wide and successful product range.
Due to rapid growth our client seeks a Chief Electrical Systems Engineer with experience of developing e-machine/motor control power electronics, with a notable focus in production of EV and hybrid vehicles.
As Chief Electrical Systems Engineer- you will be required to
- Lead the delivery of e-powertrain systems and solutions into multiple customer applications, interfacing directly with the customer; representing their interests with the internal team of technical experts and designers.
- Manage the electrical attribute owners to ensure e-powertrain systems are correctly electrically integrated into customer applications, and manage interfaces outside of the electrical domain.
- Direct the capture, management and development of customer's electrical powertrain system requirements, ensuring alignment between internal team(s) and the customer.
- Liaise and co-ordinate design activities and ensure their delivery is in line with the programme requirements.
- Direct the development of client electrical system(s) and components to the agreed requirements and processes.
- Lead system and component-level safety case development, and follow industry standard techniques to ensure a robust design, e.g. FMEA.
- Plan, manage and action Design Verification and Validation activity at a system and/or vehicle level.
- Manage and co-ordinate the release of electrical components, and support through PPAP into production across multiple projects.
- Build and maintain a strong customer relationship, to facilitate technical interfacing of cross-functional teams.
As Chief Electrical Systems Engineer- you will need
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years' demonstrable experience in an automotive or similar engineering environment, with a preferred focus on EV and hybrid vehicle technologies.
- Proven experience of working on automotive e-powertrain systems (such as motors; inverters; batteries/energy storage; power electronics) and understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle.
- Thorough understanding of automotive HV standards; design methodologies and working practices.
- A solid understanding of Functional Safety processes and concepts.
- Verifiable experience in System Specification; Requirements Capture/Management and Design Validation processes.
- Confident user of MS Office products and competent user of industry-standard network tools, e.g. Vector CANalyzer.
- Good understanding of industry-standard calibration tools, e.g. Vector CANape, ETAS INCA.
- Experience of using vehicle diagnostic tools (engineering and service level) and electrical debugging of prototype vehicles.
- Confident at reading vehicle wiring diagrams, and understanding component electrical interfaces.
- An understanding of automotive in-vehicle networks, their applications and attributes.
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of automotive electronic and/or electrical systems and their components into series production.
Other beneficial attributes:
- Ability to read electrical hardware schematics.
- Experience of delivering high-ASIL systems into production applications and a detailed understanding of ISO26262.
- Familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Detailed vehicle networks knowledge (e.g. LIN, CAN, Flexray)
- Competent user of ETAS INCA and/or Vector CANape.
- Knowledge of German language.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electrical Systems Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .