Chief Designer (Interior) - Birmingham - Competitive salary and benefits experience
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To oversee, manage and lead Interior Design development of Advanced Interior concepts and content to inform future Design Direction and Product development of overall product portfolio.
- Chief Designer on Advanced Interior projects and related content of the UK Design Team.
- To provide creative global project leadership and direction for a team of Advanced Interior Designers to develop conceptual ideas for Interior proposals to be taken to review with the Global Design Team.
- Lead the team to develop the overall interior concept; layout, proportion, interface, HMI, User-Experience, feature, USP, Brand etc.
- Work with the Advanced Design Team to ensure that design concepts are aligned to brand & design strategies.
- Ensure interior directions are responding to the requirements of contextual research and pushing aspects of user-experience, consumer trend, technology integration etc.
- Identify relevant trends to inform and integrate to concept themes to enhance both the design direction, brand positioning and product value.
- Creation of excellent Design execution and interpretation.
- Generate and inspire the Interior Designers to produce excellent 2D proposals and lead development of 3D data and physical properties to prove out concept.
- Able to analyse and interrogate Design aesthetic attributes and identify key trends.
- Encourage innovation led thinking and thoughtful design process within the team.
- Be capable of informing and contributing to aspects of Interior Design Strategy (Design Language, Layout, HMI, UX, future product strategy, Design PR etc.)
- Establish counterpart relationships with colleagues in the China Design Team, encouraging the exchange of information and insights.
- Build relationships with relevant support functions; Studio Engineering, Advanced Engineering, HMI & Marketing.
- Clearly communicate and present ideas to Senior Management and Design team colleagues.
- Lead the creation of visually compelling presentations for top-level management review.
- Support the development of User-Experience scenario setting.
- Identify and attend relevant conference, shows, events, seminars etc.
- Create trend reports and presentations to be delivered to design team and wider business.
- Integrate research into Innovation groups and projects, and actively promote Design Thinking throughout the business.
- Promote safety and safe working practices within the Studio ensuring compliance to the relevant Health and Safety at Work Act.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to inspire a team of designers, digital and clay modellers and engineers to deliver the design brief objective.
- Significant experience in Automotive Design- at least 10 years experience within OEM environment, operating preferably at an international level.
- A sound knowledge of all available 3D design and modelling techniques.
- Excellent Creative Ideas Generation.
- Able to lead a team to think creatively and explore new ideas and philosophies.
- Develop Design Strategy; layout, HMI, UX, overall interior, detail components.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience of project activity and engagement with engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding of Design processes.
- Capable of using, adapting and creating relevant processes to support Design Strategy development.
- Outstanding software presentation skills & experience of relevant applications (Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite software, etc.)
- Totally flexible, committed and motivated to deliver in all circumstances within a small team environment
- Well-developed organisational & prioritisation skills.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required - full training will be provided by the company
When applying please send your CV, along with salary requirements, notice period and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK with no time limits or restrictions.
For more information about the role, or to apply please contact Gemma Gregson - Jonathan Lee Design Services tel: 01384 446144 or email .