Chief Design Programme Manager
Summary of Department & Role
Exciting role with a UK studio facility, leading the development of new vehicle designs and assisting the parent company with the development of a coherent design language across product ranges.
The design projects team will contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of our world-class UK design operation.
Main Activities & Tasks
- Lead the ongoing development of the design project management function at the studio
- Responsible for the management of the design project managers at the UK studio
- Development of all design budget requirements in line with PV, CV and Advanced design workload plans
- Detailing of all design resource, materials and outsource spend requirements
- Reporting of design budget status to senior design management and to the programme team
- Management of all design invoicing in line with approved project delivery plans
- Responsible for project management of all design deliverables in accordance with the NPI product development system
- Commercial management of key external partners for nominated design projects
- Co-ordinate and report out all gateway related design deliverables, APEX Project Status Metrics and Milestone success criteria documents
- Generate and communication timing plans, design proposals and project KPIs to the creative teams, design operations first line management team
- Support all senior management reviews with project schedules and concerns related to project, cost and timing
- Work with DMO Management to develop and document all RFQs outlining all project related physical property specifications and digital design data
Other Features of the Role
Occasional travel to India and Italy.
Degree qualified or similar qualification minimum.
Ideally a second language
- Demonstrates appropriate depth of knowledge in relevant technical specialities or an acknowledged industry expert in one or more areas
- Expert understanding of the automotive design process
- Expert understanding of the Craftsmanship, Concept engineering and feasibility processes that run in parallel with the design process
- Good knowledge of component manufacturing tooling requirements
Apply for this vacancy via the application system. You can contact Nick Jones or Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Design services if you require more detailed information about this role.