about 2 years ago
Chemical Process Design Engineer
Location - Either Royston (Hertfordshire) or Brimsdown (Enfield, North London)
Rate- Dependant upon experience
We are looking for an experienced Chemical Process Design Engineer to aid with the process design of a new Chemicals Processing Plant, working within a large Process design team. Opportunities at both Royston and Brimsdown, roles will be based at one site with some travel required to the other.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and selection of new process equipment and associated systems.
- Process design development through standard process design documentation:
- Update of design base layer documents PFD, Process description, Equipment list, Basis of Design and safety, PIDs and interlocks.
- Process Design Calculations: Equipment, line, instrument and relief sizing calculations
- Process Equipment Data sheets
- Instrument specifications and Process Data Sheets
- Control Descriptions
- Process safety understanding
- Attend Hazard Studies, response to process actions and tasks arising
- Liaison, and interaction with other disciplines within the project and external Vendors
- Progress reporting
- Model reviews
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (Masters Preferred)
- Strong demonstrated recent hands on experience as Chemical Process Design Engineer working on large process design projects, both FEED and detail design.
- Extensive experience in this field is required.
- Demonstrated flexibility having worked in different smaller scale sectors Pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals.
- Ideally Experience working on process design of precious metals (high value) recycling projects
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer through a relevant professional body
- Full understanding of P&IDs and PFDs and other process documents
- Full understanding of hazard studies
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.