An experienced Project Engineer within Chassis Engineering is required to join an automotive OEM.
In this role you will be responsible for managing benchmark activities of competitor and production representative vehicles for vehicle dynamics, as well as managing test work on kinematics and compliance rig for all vehicle dynamics development vehicles. In this role you will be:
- Responsible for planning and delivery of objective and subjective tests of competitor and comparator vehicles to support vehicle dynamics attribute targets definition.
- Plan and support test and development work on kinematics and compliance rig and 4 poster rig as required or specified in the Design Verification Plan (DVP) in time and to budget
- Coordinate and take part in subjective vehicle evaluations
- Ensure reports and technical recommendations are published and all lessons learnt are captured and fed back to the Project Leaders, Tuners, and Analysts
- Arrange workshop support and procure replacement parts for test vehicles
- Be the main interface person between Chassis Attributes and Competitor Vehicles teams building and maintaining effective working relationship and sharing information in both directions
- Support track based handling testing
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Project and test plan management
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics theory and fundamentals
- Excellent team working, organisation and communication skills. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to identify and carry out tasks independently.
- Microsoft Office package
- Valid UK driving licence
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.