Title: Systems Robustness Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £26.11 per hour
- Responsible for the delivery of Failure Mode Avoidance for our systems in support of new model programmes including the generation and update of robust DFMEAs and related documentation for high risk systems.
- Support the commodity strategies to ensure that they have a credible FMA plan and the required countermeasures to avoid known architectural customer issues.
- Support the CoC to develop new or improved Requirements / Design Rules and Test cases that are focussed on verification prior to M1DJ/FDJ. Help identify gaps in the above documentation by use of Failure Mode Avoidance tool use (e.g. DFMEA).
- Act as the single point of contact for the commodity area for all aspects of Failure Mode Avoidance.
- Ensure that lessons are learned from in-service and development phase issue through the facilitation of comprehensive Quality History and the approval of Prevent Recurrence AIMs
- Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Problem resolution of quality issues
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and influence others
- Excellent understanding of Quality Tools and strong focus on, Systems Engineering and related Engineering Analysis methodology and tools.
- Experience in Automotive Engineering.
- Good understanding of company & external field quality data systems.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of their needs & wants.
- Good understanding of Product Creation and Delivery Systems (PCDS)
- Ability to present complex issues in a brief & straightforward manner.
- Strong oral and written communication & IT skills
- Highly driven individual with proactive personality and strong interpersonal skills. Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to interface and influence at all levels within PE & the wider business. Ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams to ensure failure modes are not released to customers.
- Highly disciplined and tenacious to follow open issues through to closure.
- Ability to balance and manage multiple work streams.
Systems Engineering knowledge and experience
Educated to Degree level
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the System Robustness Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.