Job Title: Chassis Suspension CAD Design Engineer
Location: Hullavington, Wiltshire
A Chassis Suspension CAD Design Engineer is required to join a company who design and manufacture state of the art products for a global market.
The Engineer will create CAD concepts for the Chassis Suspension Team with a strong focus on flexible components including pipes and hoses. This includes integrating and liaising with many teams across the product development, finding high quality, innovative and robust solutions to packaging challenges. Autonomous working style and good self-discipline to working practices is a must.
Part of the Chassis team, initially delivering suspension CAD concepts for a range of components.The CAD fidelity will need to improve along with the project; developing concepts into production solutions. You will have a high level of chassis system knowledge, and be able to manage a large number of inputs into the design, including Designing for Manufacture & Service.
- Engineering knowledge of chassis, function, performance and manufacturing requirements.
- Proven experience of development from concept to production.
- Competency with Siemens NX CAD & TeamCentre would be favourable.
- PC literacy, MS Project, excel, power point, word etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- Excellent team-working skills.
- You will have experience of working within the Automotive industry / Tier-1 consultancy experience
- Knowledge of systems best practices, materials and manufacturing requirements
- You will ideally have NX experience
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.