Chassis Structures Axle Engineer
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
A Chassis Structures Axle Engineer is required with experience of managing suppliers in a project environment for a position based in Bedfordshire
Our client, a global automotive OEM based in Bedfordshire requires a Chassis Structures Axle Engineer to:
- Implementation of technical cost reductions, provide technical support to purchase organisation for commercial cost reduction negotiations.
- Provide front line technical support to global colleagues to investigate development or market concerns.
- Review supplier proposals and provide constructive feedback.
- Status reporting to management at all levels.
- Perform studies and report result of European technologies to colleagues based in other regions.
- Collaboration with other engineers to ensure optimised layout meeting all applicable requirements
The Chassis Structures Axle Engineer should have the following skills:
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a global cross functional cross cultural environment.
- Experience of managing suppliers in a project environment.
- Strong 1st principle engineering ability, with clear examples of success.
- Good problem solving skills with knowledge of Design Review, FTA and FMEA activities.
- Clear understanding of safety related / critical component development in Automotive/Aerospace
- Bolted joint experience would be an advantage.
- Competent with PC applications MS Office etc.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship