Title: Chassis Quality Project Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.50 per hour
Chassis Quality Project Engineer
Chassis Engineering designs and releases suspensions, brakes, steering, frames, wheels and tyres for JLR as part of Product Engineering. The role is to assist the Current Chassis Quality Manager in resolution activity to achieve world class quality on our current products, including full data analysis, by driving achievement in the Chassis Quality improvement targets. To drive the Chassis current quality processes.
- This is done by working with a large team including functional engineers, and PVT engineers; and working closely with the Chassis Function Managers, Master Black Belt, and Forward Quality Manager.
- Evaluate required priority for Chassis projects through analysis of incoming data signals including but not limited to AWS, IQM, Tableau, CQI, JD Powers, DTC Database, FMS.
- Maintain the Top Chassis Quality Issues (Top 1000) deck and drive resolution using 6-Sigma 8D & DMAIC disciplines supported by the Chassis Master Blackbelt.
- Ensure prevent recurrence for all issues.
- Track and Monitor.
- Be the driver for Chassis current quality processes; develop them to facilitate world class performance in both our products and our teams.
- Assist the Quality Manager in Chairing the Chassis Technical Issues Quality meeting held weekly with the Chassis Director and his First Line.
- Ensure that the Chassis Quality Hub is kept up to date according to process. Continually develop processes for updating the Hub, to drive best practice and higher levels of performance.
- Support the Quality Manager and Senior Quality Manager in driving the Chassis Quality Operating System
- Must be an Advanced Excel user, experienced at data analysis
- Thorough knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques, notably 6-Sigma (yellow belt minimum trained), 8D and DMAIC
- Automotive experience
- Ability to combine data analysis skills with excellent mathematical capability in a quality context in order to interpret inputs and recommend action
- Thorough knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques, preferably 6-Sigma, 8D and DMAIC
- Fluent in MS Office applications, but expert in Excel
- Thorough knowledge of engineering and basic engineering delivery disciplines (e.g. FMEA, robustness tools, CAD, CAE etc)
- Tableau experience preferred
- Knowledge of Jaguar and Land Rover release systems
- Working knowledge of chassis systems
- Strong ability to identify and remove 'roadblocks' across PE, with other functions, and in other cultures
- A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence. Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision
- Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment
- Strong communicator with a proven track record of demonstrating logic and analytical thinking
- Willingness to develop quickly
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chassis Quality Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.