Position: Chassis Quality Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Rate: Up to £22.51 per hour
Chassis SST (Suspension Systems Tuning) department is part of Chassis Product Development and responsible for delivery of Struts, Dampers, Spring Systems, Air Suspension and Antiroll systems.
The Chassis Quality Engineer will be responsible for leading specific quality and warranty projects, and challenging technical issues from the field with the support of the internal Technical Specialists and several other departments.
- Managing Quality concerns related to design, specification and processes using problem solving and 6 sigma tools and methods.
- Carrying out complex technical investigations and deploy countermeasure actions that reduce warranty cost and improve customer satisfaction.
- Taking a hands on approach to locally re producing concerns and analysing defective parts.
- Leading Quick service Fixes (QSFs) and White Alerts (Safety related issues).
- Managing projects with multi-functional teams (Suppliers, Manufactory plants, Service, Purchasing and Design).
- Reporting problem status and future activities to senior managers as required.
- Developing and maintaining a strong team with the suppliers quality and engineering teams as required.
- Ensuring problems learning is captured using the appropriate FMA documents/process.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and methods
- Strong mechatronics knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a quality role. Engineering Degree, Mechanical or Automotive. Six Sigma trained.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chassis Quality Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.