Title: Project Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £21.52 per hour
Reporting to the Axle Systems Quality TS, this role requires an individual to support the delivery of robust wheel alignment and ride heights in both engineering and launch environments to meet the agreed Product Creation System (PCS) timing for multiple nameplates.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Project Engineer and technically lead the delivery of mean centred, process capable wheel alignment and ride heights.
- Compile & issue specifications and datasheets for use by various customers.
- Lead delivery of wheel alignment and ride heights throughout prototype and pre-production builds including coordination of problem resolution.
- Support the delivery of agreed efficiency improvement projects to allow more engineering and cut out non-value added activities.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
- Good working knowledge of process capability analysis.
- Good working knowledge of suspension design and functional requirements.
- Good working knowledge of suspension assembly in manufacturing.
- Demonstration of good problem solving skills.
- High levels of personal organisation, high drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Have the ability to manage and resolve complex technical issues when confronted with conflicting requirements within project timing constraints.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to communicate across multiple business functions combined with a confident attitude.
- Willingness to learn and introduce new methods to increase own and the team`s effectiveness.
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- The candidate should be flexible with regard to multiple sites working during the different stages of the program delivery.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Axle Systems Chassis Project Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.