Title: Chassis Project Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: £22.06 per hour
The main purpose of this role is to coordinate the workstreams that reduce warranty spend within Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA, which includes sub-Frames, Suspension Links and Knuckles, Engine & Transmission mounting systems) and improve customer satisfaction. The individual will work with all levels of engineers, suppliers and Chassis Management to ensure robust data driven solutions are derived for corrective action, and supported with evidence to prove efficiency on introduction.
- Manage various multi-functional SSA projects to deliver current vehicle scorecard objectives including "Top 1000" issues progress tracking and reporting. ¿ Utilise Current Model Quality Operating System (CMQOS)
- Adherence to and development of processes with support, leadership and coordination of projects.
- Provide, collaborate or collate presentation material to support various Product Quality reviews (CTIQ, TIQ, 8D, 6 Sigma)
- Problem resolution with all necessary stakeholders (AME, Purchase, Programme, STA, suppliers,).
- Support report outs / escalation sessions as appropriate.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
- Communication and Coordination
- Engineering background knowledge and practical experience.
- Ability to use quality tool sets: Six Sigma 8D problem solving DMAIC Fishbone (Ishikawa) diagrams
- A technical background which is relevant multiple materials. (Alloys, Steel and Plastics)
- Experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the current Quality needs of the SSA team.
- Six Sigma / 8D problem solving skills (and associated tools).
- Personal drive and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- 6 Sigma trained, whether yellow, green or black belt level.
- Previous experience within automotive engineering departments.
- Experience of systems: AWS, IQM, WERS, AIMS, PACNs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Proven ability to influence and/or manage people
A relevant Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chassis Project Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.