Title: Project Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.06 per hour
You will be responsible for the design and development of CMS components on a given programme(s) from concept into production. This includes ensuring your components achieve their targets for component/system cost, weight, and function and reporting the status against those targets into the programme team.
You are also responsible for:
- Ensuring the components are delivered in a timely manner, to meet all the relevant gateways, builds and programme requirements, and making the design and tooling releases to suppliers.
- Coordinating the activities of the team, which includes representatives from engineering (CAD, rig and vehicle test), purchasing, manufacturing, our key internal customers and the suppliers.
- First point of contact for all issues relating to components for their programme(s) and are ultimately responsible for ensuring engineering sign-off is achieved for their programme.
- Improving and building team capabilities and processes to help us deliver the most robust and efficient designs possible. This extends to continuous improvement, Quality and TVM tasks where appropriate.
- Engineering related Degree
- Minimum 2 years experience either as a JLR or Ford Component Engineer/PMST OR as a Bush Design Engineer at a Tier 1 automotive supplier
- PC Skills
Engineering related Degree
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chassis Project Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.