Title: Motion Systems Programme Leader
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.50 per hour
We are continually looking for opportunities to improve how we work and to get even better at what we do. As part of this, we have identified the need to further improve our Programme delivery discipline. One of the ways in which we will do this is to implement a systems engineering structure within Chassis with a team that overseas it's programme management. This role will assume responsibility for supporting and planning Motion System activities across a specific architecture (platform).
The successful candidate will be the Motion Systems Programme Leader to ensure that all gateway deliverables are delivered on time and to the required standard in an efficient manner, with effective communication with the Programme teams, Vehicle Engineering and other interfacing functions.
In successfully fulfilling this role the candidate will be placed to further develop their career in technical programme management. Motion System Programme Leader for a specific architecture:
- Coordination of PDL responses, including resource requirements, vehicles, parts, facilities & instrumentation
- Gateway planning for both virtual and physical gateways
- Coordinating programme meetings & tuning reviews to resolve issues and agree plans
- Assisting the preparation of programmes specific Motion System input into Chassis Technical Review meetings, Vehicle Line Director's meetings and other programme reviews
- Data management: maintaining programme metrics, resource planning and other business office demands
- Supporting programme, e.g. VITs where necessary
- RMDV2 planning and reporting
- Coordinating facility/vehicle availability/allocation to allow completion of requested DVP work
- Coordinate activities within a cross-functional team to deliver against gateway requirements
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of project management within automotive or development environment
- Understanding of automotive control systems
- Effective communication skills
- 2 + years of delivering technical products through a team
- Experience in the management of requirements & targets
- Working with an Automotive OEM or large Tier 1 in a development role
- Planning and delivery of complex multi-disciplinary projects in an automotive control system or electronics environment using a "Gateway" based process.
- Prior or Current JLR or Ford experience working to GPDS / PCDS and using eFDVS / RMDV
- Successful delivery of a control system module for an automotive OEM
- Experience in an automotive engineering or development environment
Degree in a Mechanical or Automotive Engineering discipline.
Masters in Engineering or Business preferred
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chassis Motion Systems Programme Leader role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.