Title: Lead Brakes Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon + travel to other sites
Rate: Up to £25.93 per hour
The Brakes Modulation Department is responsible for the delivery of innovative Stability Control Systems (SCS) to meet complex attribute targets including NVH, performance, durability, and pedal feel. The team carry the design through from concept to final release delivering quality, on time at the right cost.
Reporting to the Group Leader Modulation, the Lead Engineer is responsible for delivery of Stability Control System hardware and software for a single JLR platform from through to Job 1 + 90 days. In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to coordinate a cross functional team via regular Module Business Team meetings with the common objective to deliver a SCS system specification that satisfies the attribute performance and feature content demanded by the programme, and Best In Class quality whilst adhering to programme cost, weight, and timing targets.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong team leadership and organisational skills and will be enthusiastic for task, highly motivated and largely self-sufficient.
- Experience of solving complex technical issues using 8D methodologies
- Strong English language based written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present to senior colleagues across the business and supplier base.
- Ability to negotiate technical solutions within a multi-disciplinary team and will have the ability to manage conflict and balance opposing programme demands.
- Coordination and delegation of task to team members and maintain strong working relationships within the Module Business team.
- High level user of the MS Office suite of software.
- UK Driving Licence for Cat B vehicles
- Ability to demonstrate a successful track record in the management of complex projects.
- Proven track record of meeting PCS (or GPDS) deliverables.
- Experienced user of the WERS process to release design iterations.
- Experience in development of complex automotive electromechanical systems using a Systems Engineering approach.
- Thorough knowledge of basic quality engineering tools including FMEA and robust application of Lessons Learned from previous programmes
- Experience in the design and delivery of electro-mechanical systems desired i.e. Mechanical systems with functions controlled by software housed in an ECU or of a component engineering role preferably gained in an automotive environment.
- JLR driver training to Class 3 "On Road" and PG3 would be an advantage.
The role will be based at Gaydon but travel to other locations, including manufacturing plants and suppliers will be required from time to time.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Chassis Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.