Title: Chassis Engineer - Suspension Systems - 36314
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The successful candidate will work within the Suspension Systems Tuning Group. The Engineer will have responsibility for design and delivery to production of Air Valve Pipes for JLR Air Suspension Systems. The candidate will:
- Develop design concepts using CAD and through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g. BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service).
- Prepare engineering content (Designs, Specifications, Statement of Work) to Purchasing to enable supplier sourcing.
- Manage Air Pipe supplier to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and at JLR and record using the JLR requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using JLR systems (e.g. icreate, AIMS).
- Work with smartsheets to ensure components delivered on time and to target
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions
- Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets
- Demonstrated common sense
- CAD experience - Preferably V5 or V6
- Knowledge of JLR Systems preferred (AIMS)
- Use of BOM Release Software (WERS / iCreate)
- Knowledge of Chassis systems
- Understanding of Engineering Quality principles, primarily DFMEA
- Effective communication and team working skills
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.