Title: Chassis Engineer - Suspension Systems
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.50 per hour
A Chassis Engineer is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire on a long term contract basis.
The successful candidate will work within the Suspension Systems Tuning Group. The Engineer will have responsibility for design and delivery to production of Air Valve Blocks for Air Suspension Systems. The candidate will:
- Develop design concepts using CAD and through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g. BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service).
- Prepare engineering content (Designs, Specifications, Statement of Work) to Purchasing to enable supplier sourcing.
- Manage Air Valve Block supplier to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and on site and record using the requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using internal systems (e.g. WERS, AIMS).
- Work with smartsheets to ensure components delivered on time and to target
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions
- Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets.
- Demonstrated competence at engineering drawings and CAD models.
Minimum of 2 years experience in an engineering delivery role.
Knowledge of Chassis systems
Effective communication and team working skills
CAD experience - Preferably V5 or V6
Knowledge of AIMS Systems preferred
Use of BOM Release Software (WERS)
Understanding of Engineering Quality principles, primarily DFMEA
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Suspension Systems Chassis Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.