Title: Development Engineer
Salary Range: £20.70 - £21.27
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
A Chassis Electronics Hardware Engineer is required to work for a prestigious leading automotive OEM based in the Heart of the Midlands. The position will be a long term contract role based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. Our client requires someone with passion and drive to join their team. This is a great opportunity for an engineer with the right skills and approach to come and work in a fast paced, exciting environment and have a positive impact on our Customers experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for the electronic hardware elements of the Brakes, EPAS, TPMS cross car line working with other hardware engineers to deliver the various reviews and to work in collaboration with our suppliers on new hardware developments and to ensure hardware requirements are complied with
- Ensure packaging meets the requirements and the harness and electrical power system complies with the supplier's requirements
- Create and ensure the documentation and internal trackers are raised and progressed through the mile stones of the delivery phases of development
- Work at a system; and component level looking at the environmental requirements and ensuring compliance of the ECU, and the active actuators
- To work with Chassis teams as a partnership in reviewing warranty information and developing solutions and enhancements to existing hardware solutions
3 KEY SKILLS
1. Hardware and system design experience, in developing and delivering hardware requirements, including PSU, micro-controller, and hardware modules from concept through to customer delivery.
2. Working with suppliers to deliver the required functionality on time and to budget. Relevant and recent experience of hardware design and delivery to demanding schedules, including DFMEA, Environmental, EMC design and failure analysis, Circuit and System analysis. System communication bus structures and an understanding of bus protocols such as CAN and Flexray.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Hardware and system design experience, in developing and delivering hardware requirements, including PSU, micro-controller, and hardware modules from concept through to customer delivery.
- Working with suppliers to deliver the required functionality on time and to budget.
- Relevant and recent experience of hardware design and delivery to demanding schedules, including DFMEA, Environmental, EMC design and failure analysis, Circuit and System analysis. System communication bus structures and an understanding of bus protocols such as CAN and Flexray Chassis Electronics Hardware Engineer -
Other experience includes:
- Previous experience with the design and delivery of Systems, Hardware
- End to end delivery of a product from conception through to delivery and end customer installation working with suppliers on robust delivery plans
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment
- Automotive experience of Electrical systems
- Working with suppliers on robust delivery plans
- Good working knowledge of Product Creation Delivery System (or similar delivery process).
- Requirements and change management tools and processes, version control, control strategy documentation
- Component and system level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc)
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
In return for your experience offer:
- Hourly rate of up to £21.27 Ltd
- Long term contract initially until March 2018 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive OEM
If you are interested Please APPLY NOW
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.