- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 16 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61747
Roles: Chassis Design Engineer / Senior Design Engineer
Rate: Excellent rate of pay
INSIDE IR35 - 12 months contract
We are looking for talented Design Engineers to join our client's Chassis team based in our state of the art Technology Centre
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be part of the Global Technical Organisation, working as a key player in the Chassis team. Working with the wider Chassis and across multiple cross functional teams, you will be responsible for the specification, design and development of components, assemblies and systems that contribute to world class leading motorcycles. Collaborating with both in-house manufacturing teams and external suppliers, you will own the design process, working flexibly with Industrial Design, Product Strategy and Sourcing teams, whilst ensuring conformity to regulatory requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
1. Produce 3D CAD models, using Creo, to a high standard.
2. Produce 2D engineering drawings, using Creo, to a high standard.
3. Design systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering function, cost, manufacturing, assembly and quality.
4. Follow and maintain Chassis design, operational and quality procedures.
5. Produce supporting documentation for designs, as required.
6. Design components and systems to comply with regulatory requirements and internal test procedures.
7. Have a good understanding of the application of some regulatory requirements for motorcycles.
8. Liaise with internal functional stakeholders to ensure alignment of expectations and needs.
9. Liaise with external suppliers to ensure design for manufacture feedback is incorporated.
10. Manage time and workload effectively.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Creo.
- Proficient in creating and releasing 2D technical drawings.
- Solid comprehensive of geometric tolerances on 2D drawings.
- Demonstrable experience in engineering design of components and subassemblies.
- Good understanding of motorcycle chassis layout and construction.
- Experience in designing to Regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles is preferable.
To apply for these roles please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.