- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 06 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59709
Chassis Design Engineer (JP00000460)
PAYE £24.48 per hour
S/Date 6/12/2021 - 12 months assignment
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Develop components and systems to Nissan project master schedule targets.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities to achieve departmental targets.
- Resolve in development & market quality concerns within standard lead-times and produce related documents to support recurrence prevention. (ex. LLR, NESI, RP, 12D reports)
- Conduct design reviews for responsible components at appropriate milestone timings and to achieve Nissan score card requirements.
- Maintain engineering release according to Vehicle Specification requirements / changes.
- Report development status to various levels of company
- Generation of RFI/RFQs, SpecTender, design releases, and other associated documents (Supplier test plans, drawings, etc.) to company standards
- Develop chassis systems and components to meet component, system, and vehicle targets to cost, quality and time
- Manage suppliers to meet cost, quality and time
- Provide technical support to other functions where necessary; cross-functional issues, Alliance Purchasing Organisation, Manufacturing, etc.
- Benchmarking and trend analysis for vehicles, components and systems.
- Company shall provide the following materials and equipment which shall be returned at the end of the assignment:
- Network enabled computer (workstation or laptop) and related IT equipment & software
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Degree or HND qualified in relevant discipline
- Full UK/EU driving license
- Good MS office skills especially excel and PowerPoint
- Able to use 3D viewing tools (NX Teamcentre & SpaceVision) and release tools
There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following:
- Experience of chassis engineering with an OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- Able to work autonomously, manage suppliers and report status to management
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships and effective communication with all stakeholders
- Problem solving skill using logical process (Problem Analysis, FTA)
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use different techniques to communicate with various cultures.
- Willingness to travel globally when required (Role may require travel to other Renault/Nissan sites, suppliers, & test facilities)
- Be contactable & based in NTCE Cranfield throughout the working week
- Professional dress code.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.