- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 22 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59907
Title: Chassis Design Delivery Engineer
Division: Special Vehicle Operations
Contract Position based at: Fen End
Rate: up to £30.17/hr Ltd (c. £23.27/hr PAYE option)
Experienced Chassis Design and Delivery Engineer required to support exciting upcoming SVO projects with significant Chassis content. The successful candidate will lead the design, development, testing and introduction of new Suspension System Architecture (SSA) systems and commodities.
Potential components will include suspension arms, knuckles, ball joints, bearings, hubs, subframes, compliant bushes and powertrain mountings. The role requires cross functional communication to establish & deliver requirements to meet the full vehicle delivery to cost, quality & time.
- Engineering Design - Proven design experience with delivering structural suspension components, across various materials and manufacturing methods.
- Applicable experience including links, knuckles, bearings, ball joints and sub-frames.
- Project Management - Ability to deliver demanding project timelines, accountable for all aspects of the technical / project delivery & leading the internal matrix team / supply base.
- A good knowledge of automotive industry standard OEM working practices & processes, preferably with JLR.
- Proven problem solving skills and have experience in 3D component design and analysis including aluminium and steel structural components.
- Experience in mechanical design of safety critical structural components.
- Demonstrate effective team management and strong project management skills with experience of managing the delivery of multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- In house design capability - must have proven aluminium casting design experience, core design know-how and casting DFM capability.
- Issue resolution in cross-functional teams, with an appreciation of whole vehicle systems
- Working knowledge of CAE tools used for FEA stress analysis, to inform component development.
- A strong appreciate of how, or ability, to author 3D CAD & detailed 2D drawings of complex components, including application of appropriate GD&T.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
Degree level qualification or equivalent in Mechanical, Automotive or similar Engineering.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.