Chassis Development Engineer - 34693 - up to £21.27/hr - Chassis Engineering
A Chassis Development Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
The successful candidate will work closely with system, component and control engineers to ensure the robust development of specific SST components/systems. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Complete physical and virtual rig/vehicle tests in support of system definition, development and validation (including overseas testing where required).
- Instrument vehicles/components to collect objective data in support of test requirements.
- Analyse test data and document results/conclusions.
- Project manage resources to complete development activities, which includes requesting vehicles and facilities and sourcing components and instrumentation.
- Support the development of new and improved component/system physical test methods.
- Support the development of new and improved component/system test rigs.
- Diagnose vehicle fleet issues.
- Review and develop risk assessments for development activities.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Good knowledge of active and passive Chassis systems.
- Experience analysing test data to objectively identify desirable component/system performance and/or potential design issues.
- Experience performing and/or developing physical vehicle/rig tests.
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and software (e.g. CANape, Prosig, IPetronik).
- Good driving skills and an ability to articulate customer perceived attribute performance.
- Ability to prioritise their work load.
- Capable of working under own initiative but prepared to document findings and make recommendations.
- Good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Effective team player who supports team members.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.