Title: Control and Systems Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £34.51 per hour
The Chassis Control Systems team is primarily responsible for developing and delivering features such as, electronically controlled suspension, and configurable chassis features. The work covers all aspects of the design from requirements to implementation.
The role will involve working on current and future chassis control systems. As Control and Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for creating models and control systems in Matlab and Simulink to estimate vehicle state based on fundamental mechanical and physical knowledge
- Vehicle Dynamics and Physics
- Matlab / Simulink modelling of dynamic systems
- Control system development
- Able to work under pressure and work flexibly as part of a wider team.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in vehicle simulation
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics and modelling vehicle suspension systems from first principles.
- Knowledge of vehicle sensors and digital signal processing.
- Experience with instrumentation and objective vehicle testing, able to perform test manoeuvres.
- Experience with rapid prototyping development software using Control Desk or similar.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and how it's applied to the software development process.
Degree or equivalent experience required
Experience in research into new suspension technologies would be advantageous as would detailed knowledge of hydraulic flow through damper valves.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the C role within Body Engineering, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.