Title: Component Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £17.93 per hour
A key part of this role is to arrange data and component supply and storage to support the programme timing to your customers Driving Dynamics. This role requires close collaboration with the Driving Dynamics Performance FMA and Core PAT Leaders for the specific vehicle programme. The primary responsibility is to deliver the project on-time and to target, whilst also truly embedding the use of efficient techniques and process improvement. Alongside programme delivery there will be a requirement to support the team's continuous tools and methods development activity. This is alongside programme delivery, but is key to achieving greater reliance on virtual engineering in the future.
You will be expected to:
- Be responsible for delivering virtual attribute data requirement for the Driving Dynamics attribute on specific vehicle programmes, at all key project gateways.
- Be responsible for delivering components and the data for the Driving Dynamics attribute on specific vehicle programmes, at all key project gateways.
- Be responsible for delivering programme content assumption data.
- Be responsible for component storage and management.
- Be responsible for supporting specific projects to develop new tools, methods and metrics across the Data and Component Supply for Driving Dynamics team.
- Undertake any other work as directed by your line manager in connection with the role, as may be requested from time to time.
- Excellent team working, organisation and communication skills. Applicants are expected to be very self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to identify and carry out tasks independently.
- Planning and delivering tasks on time with great team working to process and a desire for continues process improvement.
- Team working.
Proven successful delivery of projects, as part of a team, which meet target in terms of timing, performance and quality. A full UK Driving Licence.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chassis Component Engineer, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.