Title: Chassis Component Engineer (Structural Mounting)
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £22.50 per hour
Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems - Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA), Suspension System Tuning (SST), Braking, Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) and Axle Concepts and Chassis System Integration (AC&CSI).
The Suspension System Architecture (SSA) team is responsible for the design, analysis and release of vehicle chassis structural components including suspension links, knuckles, bearings, bushes and frames. This includes developing and implementing system and component strategies, developing detailed designs and delivering Engineering sign-off against customer requirements. Engine & Transmission Structural Mounting Systems are relatively simple parts, however they have significant interactions with other parts, and vehicle attributes. Delivery of these components and systems is an essential element in delivering successful and profitable programmes.
This role will focus on Structural Mounting System components on a particular platform within the JLR range. Key requirements of job role:
- Agree component/system targets (stiffness, strength, etc) with CAE team and attribute areas
- Develop component CAD with JLR CAD designers within available package to meet component targets for function, attributes, cost and weight.
- Work with purchase team to manage supplier nomination and sourcing process.
- Manage supplier delivery of components to agreed cost, timing and quality targets through Commodity Plans, Open Issues Lists, Supplier Reviews and regular Supplier communication
- Achieve ALL program milestone engineering deliverables, robust component sign off (DVP) and Phased Submission Warrant (PSW) in line with Programme timing.
- Strong communication/team working/project management skills - essential
- Self-motivated and able to deliver components / tasks with minimum supervision.
- Robust practical knowledge of engineering principles
- PC (MS Office) literacy - essential.
- Knowledge of design for castings, forgings and welded assemblies including manufacturing requirements.
- Working knowledge of Failure Mode Avoidance Quality Tools Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self driven
- CAE Stress / durability analysis
- CAD CATIA V5 / V6
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chassis Component Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.