- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61955
Title: Chassis Component and Systems Hardware Engineer - 38136
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon / UK Plants
Rate: up to £32.78 per hour LTD Umbrella
Chassis Component and Systems Hardware Engineer
- Owns and controls all cascaded targets (technical and business related) relevant to the Team, via the target setting process and delivers these on time and to target.
- Coordination and delivery of all the module systems, subsystems and components, meeting all agreed targets.
- Carries out the processes required to support project gateway activities to ensure robust delivery of the vehicle programme.
- Escalates key delivery issues in a timely way allowing corrective intervention to progress.
- Ensures effective communication exists across all functions via full team participation.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Self-motivated and possessing strong leadership, communication, presentation, negotiation, IT and technical project management skills to enable the candidate to lead the module team members in the delivery of programme key metrics/targets.
- Experience of presenting technical status and communicating confidently at all levels within the business and the supply base.
- A deep understanding of the engineering of complex mechanical, hydraulic and electrical automotive systems with a minimum of 3 years involved in the engineering of vehicle Chassis systems, ideally Brakes.
- Experience of Automotive new model activities - concept to launch environment, preferably in the role of Project Leader or Commodity/System Leader or similar.
- Experience of working to a formal product development management system and using online systems for the management of component and system validation and results reporting.
- Successful delivery of Brakes engineering module for an automotive OEM
- Considerable experience in an automotive engineering or development environment
- Experience of cost down project delivery.
Educated to Degree level, or equivalent, in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or a related discipline
** THIS POSITION IS DEEMED TO BE INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.