Title: CAE Analyst
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £26.45 per hour
A CAE Analyst within Chassis Engineering is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems. Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA), Suspension System Tuning (SST), Braking, Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) and Axle Concepts and Chassis System Integration (AC&CSI).
The Suspension System Architecture (SSA) team is responsible for the design, analysis and release of vehicle chassis structural components including suspension links, knuckles, bearings, bushes and frames.
This includes developing and implementing system and component strategies, developing detailed designs and delivering Engineering sign-off against customer requirements. Engine & Transmission Structural Mounting Systems are relatively simple parts, however they have significant interactions with other parts, and vehicle attributes. Delivery of these components and systems is an essential element in delivering successful and profitable programmes. Within this team, the CAE Analyst is responsible for delivery of CAE requirements for specific vehicle system
- Proven CAE analysis and software experience and the ability to deliver analysis and guide the engineering with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision with a positive attitude and flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Proven ability to use CATIA V5 for both solid and surface modelling.
- Proven ability of interpretation of and ability to conduct CAE stress and durability analysis (Abaqus, Optistrut, Hypermesh, nCode (fatigue)) to iterate and optimise designs.
- Proven ability to produce detailed engineering drawings including application of appropriate GD&T.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes used in aluminium HPDC and fabricated bracket construction and ability to design for manufacturing compatibility (castings, sheet metal).
- IT Skills - Microsoft software skills, excel, power point, etc
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to react quickly to change.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, Engineering Specifications and Design Verification Plans (DVP).
Degree-level engineering qualification or equivalent.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chassis CAE Analyst role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.