A Chassis CAD Engineer is required to join a leading automotive organisation in Nuneaton on a contract basis. They are looking for somebody with experience of complete designs and packaging within chassis. The hourly rate is competitive and it is an exciting opportunity to work for a reputable organisation within the automotive industry.
MAIN ACTIVITIES & DUTIES
- Perform component design, layout, sizing, and performance analyses.
- Create 3D and 2D designs and documents for assigned components.
- Update master vehicle model regularly as designs iterate.
- Assist in developing and preparing presentation drawings including writing engineering change requests (ECR's), Engineering Releases and engineering instructions.
- Review Engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Be responsible for GD&T, BOM development and control.
- Serve as technical resource for complex assignments.
- Provide support in developing planning (time/cost) documentation and corresponding program status reporting.
- Maintain complete records of designs and qualification tests for assigned components.
- Interpret the principles, theories and concepts of assigned specialised technical area in order to provide complete designs, inclusive of packaging, detail parts, complex layouts and design documentation.
- Follow and implement Gibbs policies and procedures as required and appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned, some that may be outside experience base.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree or equivalent in Design/ Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline and at least ten years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Low volume research, development and manufacturing.
- Experience Areas - Suspension, brakes, steering systems.
- Working Knowledge of GD&T.
- Thorough working knowledge of CATIA V5 backed up by 5 years' experience used in an Engineering organisation.
- Broad design and packaging background across all major vehicle systems and areas.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering materials and their properties including an understanding of stress analyses within a weigh critical application.
- Strong appreciation of corrosion prevention methods, materials and processes.
- Customer Oriented (Internal and External)
- Hands- On mechanical skills and experience with Automotive or related vehicles and systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient regarding organisational and time management skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook), with the ability to create detailed status reports, measurables and timelines.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply now. If you require more information, please contact Lois Weston on 01384446119.