- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 07 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60215
Title: Chassis BOM Specialist - 37600
Division: Special Vehicle Operations
Contract Position based at: Fen End
Rate; up to £18.90/hr Ltd (c. £14.66/hr PAYE option)
This is a multi-faceted role but the primary aim of it is to own the coordination and delivery of Chassis components to the appropriate place, on time.
This will involve:
- Liaising with the engineers, programme team and vehicle engineering to understand the requirements for a particular shipment, build or order.
- Raising orders, arranging shipment or in urgent cases to physically move parts yourself.
- Following up orders with the suppliers to ensure that they are delivered on time.
- Representing Chassis in Finance sign off meetings to ensure the orders are justified and approved in a timely manner.
- Reviewing Bills of Materials or rigs and spares lists to ensure that they are appropriate and accurate, checking with the appropriate engineers where necessary to confirm.
- Working with other teams within JLR to determine whether donor vehicles can be built and delivered by them with as mature a pedigree as possible.
- Undertaking any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
1) Good negotiation skills
Experience of using financial or parts ordering systems
Valid driving licence
- Excellent admin skills with an eye for detail
- Good listening skills and the ability to persuade people tactfully when required
- Able to determine the priorities of multiple tasks and to plan and execute them independently
- Experience working with vehicle Bill of Materials Support the movement of parts to facilitate the smooth running of builds, testing, etc
- Has a high level understanding of vehicle Chassis components
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.