- Sector: Electronics & embedded
- Function: Field Service & Engineering
- Contact: Melissa Self
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 07398 036503
- Expiry Date: 29 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59300
Chartered Fire Engineer
Market Leading Salary and Package
A Chartered Fire Engineer to Provide Technical Leadership and Management for the clients Business to ensure robust, achievable and acceptable technical outcomes and ensure timely delivery of customer facing EWS1 works. Candidates who are Chartered or working towards chartership within the Institution of Fire Engineers will be well received.
Due to increased workloads this client, a top leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification based in Cheltenham, requires a Chartered Fire Engineer to Inspect Fire Safety measures. As a Chartered Fire Engineer will be required to:
- Be a Ambassador.
- Ensure a safe working environment for our employees for both physical and mental health
- Ensure a faultless level of cooperation and collaboration to deliver the business objectives.
- Ensure strong working relationships with Head of Products and Head of Technical / Engineering.
- Reporting to the Head of Product.
- Deliver a best-in-class service to stakeholders in particular Customers and Operations.
- Ensure your team deliver a best-in-class service to stakeholders in particular Customers and Operations.
- Ensure all employees in your team receive a meaningful appraisal in line with the companies processes and procedures.
- Ensure team development and training to support clear career progression and succession plans.
- Maintaining and recording continuous professional development (CPD) training to continually improve technical expertise, including training activities (both internal and external, formal and informal). Particularly focusing on external wall systems.
- Provide input, support and management of the monthly PandL cycle for your area of responsibility.
- Ensure that your deliverables meet with appropriate technical standards.
- Ensure appropriate technical standards are met by your team.
- Ensure technical delivery of projects to time quality and cost.
- Carry out site inspections meeting with IFC standards.
- Ensure that site inspections carried out by your team meet with IFC standards.
- Be a primary point of EWS1 technical excellence to IFC Customers.
- Maintain a technical management process which ensures compliance with all industry standards and procedures.
- Engender a spirit of best-in-class technical due diligence to protect customers, the business and society.
- Provide technical support to the satisfactory resolution of contractual matters with customers.
- Assist in ensuring and maintenance of suitable limited KPI's to ensure best in class performance of the technical team.
- Support the Project / Technical delivery teams during change control discussions, claims or contract disputes.
- Maintain technical records and documentation, such as technical files etc.
- Manage internal reporting in line with the business unit requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain an awareness of and act upon external factors (including competitors, industry developments, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation changes) in relation to technical activities which impact the business.
The Chartered Fire Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Qualified Chartered Fire Engineer through the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) in Fire Safety Engineering.
- Significant Senior experience in a relevant Fire Safety technical leadership role.
- Experience of working in a multi-site, multi-discipline business.
- A proven track record of delivering technical success.
- Proficient knowledge of External Wall Systems in relation to Regulation 7 of the Building Regulations 2010.
- Proficient knowledge, use and understanding of the evolution of relevant standards such as BS 8414 Parts 1 and 2, BS 9414, BRE135, ADB, BR 187 and EWS1 forms.
- Site experience in façade and cladding inspections.
- Proficient knowledge of the local fire safety legislation.
- Relevant experience of balancing the needs of Customers, Shareholders and Employees.
- The ability to deliver to tight timescales and deadlines consistently.
- Excellent day to day planning and organisational skills.
- Dynamism, aptitude for problem solving and teamwork, practicality, reliability, flexibility, and results oriented.
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels
- The ability to engage and influence colleagues to achieve common goals and objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is Chartered or working towards Chartership within the Fire Safety industry to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Cheltenham based company will offer you:
- Market Leading Salary
- Remote Based
- Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
- Private Medical Insurance
- EAP - Free, independent Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential information, support, advice and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Working for a leading organisation that supports internal progression and promotion
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Chartered Fire Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Chartered Fire Engineer please contact Melissa Self at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07398036503.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.