- Sector: Land systems
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: Matt Johnson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384446116
- Duration: permanent
- Start Date: 07/07/2022
- Expiry Date: 06 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61759
Job title: Data Transfer Engineer
Salary Range: £36,000 to £45,000 per annum plus benefit package
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
A Data Transfer Engineer is required with knowledge and experience in sending and receiving configured data between company and associated organisations, production of transmittal notes (TNs) for outbound information, technical data dacks, EBoM management,
engineering change management and using a PDM systems i.e. Siemens Teamcenter
Due to expansion this MOD/Defence client based in Telford, Shropshire requires a dynamic, leading Data Transfer Engineer on a permanent basis.
As a Data Transfer Engineer you will be required to:
- Data Transfer Engineer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining an effective data transfer strategy and system to manage third party information (for example, security controlled, export controlled or commercially sensitive information) ensuring compliance with Company, statutory and third party requirements
- Sending and receiving configured data.
- Ensuring that transfer of information is covered by appropriate commercial and export agreement.
- Production of transmittal notes (TNs) for outbound information.
- Provision of receipt and/or error/discrepancy logs to the originating individuals.g
- Selection of the most appropriate file encryption and/or compression method for each outbound transfer.
- Selection of the most appropriate technology for the transfer and integration of Data from third party and other internal systems.
- Provision of support to the Engineering Lead to review and triage technical queries arising from the supply chain manufacturing operations department.
Ensuring that Data transfer take account of appropriate rules, including but not limited to:
- Highest government classification of content
- Highest company marking of content
- Applicable legal and commercial constraints
- File type and size (post any encryption and/or compression being applied)
- Target recipient (geographical location and capability)
Ensuring transmitted or received information aligns with the associated TN; paying particular attention to:
- Contents List; particularly version(s), change history/instructions
- Any parity or checksum data to ensure the received version matches exactly the original as sent.
- Extracting, decrypting, decompressing, transforming and loading inbound data into defined internal target storage areas - interim and permanent
The Data Transfer Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- An understanding and experience in Technical Data Packs and EBoM management.
- An understanding and experience in Engineering Change Management.
- An understanding and experience using a PDM system i.e. Siemens Teamcenter.
- An understanding of government security classification and export control regimes.
- Strong knowledge and experience in receiving, storing, handling and transmitting security classified information etc.
- Strong Knowledge of data extraction, transformation and Load processes and routines
- A good understanding of intellectual property rights including the protection of intellectual property rights and those belonging to third parties.
- Proven data management skills or equivalent qualification.
- Good communication skills
- Able to operate under own initiative and direction within Company delegation of responsibility parameters.
- Ability to work as part of effective multi-functional teams
- Have a degree or HND in a relevant engineering discipline with a minimum of 2 years engineering experience in a suitable engineering role.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with expert knowledge of Change Management/Data Transfer within an MOD/Defence manufacturing company.
In return for your experience, this Telford based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- 36k-£45k + 2.5% bonus plus benefit package
- Annual Company Bonus
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Data Transfer/Change Management engineering within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Data Transfer Engineer role please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.