Attractive + Benefits
Production Operator – Warwickshire - Aerospace Manufacturing – Permanent
A Production Operator is required to join and Innovative Aerospace manufacturing facility on a Permanent Basis. The successful Production Operator will join the Production Department and report to the Cell Lead.
The Production Operator will set and operate production equipment to achieve all company targets and standards.
This opportunity for a Production Operator is within a fast-paced manufacturing environment for the highly regulated Aerospace industry.
This Opportunity is on a Shift Basis – 4 on 4 off.
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Production Operator
- Manage production machine(s) to ensure that quality is maintained.
- Ensure correct measuring equipment is used and calibrated & approved for production
- Perform routine adjustments such as wear compensation, tool changes and wheel dressing
- Check product during the run and complete appropriate paperwork, etc
- Maintain the flow of product to other machines/processes
- Work to relevant operational procedures, technical specifications and parameters of process
- Make sure of an efficient start of production ensuring product traceability
- Carry out first line machine maintenance in line with Preventative Maintenance
- Keep the machine(s) and surrounding work area clean and safe and free from hazards
- Conduct a thorough and complete shift handover at the start and end of your shift
- Ensure the seamless continuation of production that is expected
- Inform Cell Leads when encountering technical or quality problems
- Maintain an open and willing attitude towards training and learning new processes
- Provide training to new and inexperienced operators as required
- Complete all relevant paperwork i.e. Route Cards
- To set within a reasonable time limit
- Report all breakdowns to your Cell Lead
- Start and stop the machine(s) in a safe manner
- Adhere to the standards required by the company
- Calibrate inspection equipment in your working area
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
Qualifications & Requirements of the Production Operator
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Relevant Experience of working within the Aerospace or Manufacturing Industry
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Use of Measuring Equipment. (Micrometres, Vernier’s, Shadowgraphs etc)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Understanding of manufacturing operations and processes.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and think in a logical manner
- Self motivated and able to motivate others
- Be approachable, tenacious, innovative and flexible
- Have enough confidence to use initiative to quickly resolve problems
- Process driven approach and able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills
Basic Security Clearance may be required due to the nature of the Products being Manufactured
If you are interested in this Production Operator position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.