£32k per year + Up to 10% annual bonus
Job title: Cell Production Engineer
Approx £32k + up to 10% annual bonus
We are currently recruiting a Cell Production Engineer for a leading Aerospace company based in Rugby.
You will work within the manufacturing teams to identify and implement process improvements and resolve engineering issues to maximise capability, productivity and machine availability.
This role is currently on day shift working 37.5 hours per week, however the induvial will be required to work flexibly to ensure they can interact with all the shifts on site and attend morning meetings.
Health & Safety
- HSE duty of all employees: every employee must respect HSE rules defined by his/her site. Every employee has to point out environmental gaps and risky situations when he/she notices it.
- HSE duty of expertise: every employee participates to HSE analysis on his/her position scope. He/she carries out actions to ensure HSE rules are respected on his/her role(s) implications.
- HSE duty of a Line Manager: If the employee is a Line Manager, he/she ensures that people under his/her responsibility, or people interacting with equipment under his/her responsibility, are respecting the HSE rules of the site
- Update or create documents and procedures for the Quality Management System (e.g. QCP’s, Work Instructions, overlays, SOI’s and PCP’s)
- Liaise with other departments including central maintenance/facilities and purchasing.
- Support Cell Leader on productivity and quality issues as and when required.
- Be prepared to travel to suppliers and other sites within the group.
- Organise and manage sub-contractors in conjunction with Cell Leaders.
- Prepare and issue 2D and 3D Engineering drawings including machinery, tooling and facilities to ensure correct revision control is maintained.
- Take an active role in tooling management including designing, developing and ordering tools including liaising with the purchasing team to ensure changes are controlled through the stores system.
- To support and share knowledge and best practice with other manufacturing areas/sites.
- Proficient in CAD draughting and awareness of 3D printing.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Assist the Quality Engineer and production teams in identifying and resolving product quality issues.
- Research, analyse and recommend process improvements.
- Plan and lead improvement teams.
- Promote the culture of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques to achieve process improvements.
- Evaluate cost savings for improvement activities.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve machine capabilities in conjunction with Cell Quality Engineer.
- To oversee the purchase, qualification, delivery, relocation and disposal of assets within the production area.
- To write machine process and performance specifications prior to ordering equipment.
- To initiate and progress the process of creating and gaining approval of purchase specifications.
- To adhere to the group COPER requirements relating to procurement of capital equipment.
- To provide information to assist the Finance department in calculating IRRs for capital purchases.
- To plan, organise and execute Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) for capital purchases.
- To plan, organise and execute the safe delivery and movement of assets.
- To manage projects using a structured methodology.
- To maintain project action plans and communicate status, ensuring projects progress in a timely manner.
- Ensure process evaluation and improvement activities are captured in formal engineering reports.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- BTEC HNC or equivalent experience in an Engineering Discipline
- Be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
- Completer-Finisher – ensures projects are completed thoroughly
- Proficient in the use of MS Project, AutoCAD Lt and SolidWorks
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the required experience , please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cell Production Engineer role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.