7 months ago
Cell Leader - MRO
Permanent position - Sunbury On Thames
Manufacturing - Thermal Systems and Motion Control products.
The Cell Leader - MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) will have a strong operational background in the Aerospace industry and form an integral part of the Aftermarket team.
The company specialises in the design and manufacture of Thermal Systems and Motion Control products for various sectors including the commercial and military aerospace, rail and oil & gas sectors. Due to an increase in projects, they require a Cell Leader - MRO on a permanent staff basis.
As the Cell Leader - MRO, you will be required to:
- Take full operational ownership of the MRO cell.
- Manage and develop a team of operators.
- Ensure operational output, OTD/TAT, Quality and cost targets are met.
- Implement a lean manufacturing and continuous improvement culture.
- Survey/Repair/Manufacture and deliver product as per agreed product repair and survey plans to ensure company targets and customer commitments are met.
- Take full ownership of the Repair and Survey Plans to ensure linear output from the cell.
- Set and measure daily/weekly targets for the team.
- Lead daily cell meetings to highlight and resolve any issues within area of responsibility including Delivery, EHS, Quality and Staff related topics.
- Develop and enable team to meet company goals and customer requirements.
- Actively align cell capacity and capability with customer requirements, assess skills/capacity and implement cross training or recruitment programmes.
- Work closely with supporting functions to ensure they support the cell team to meet operational targets.
- Lead/train/mentor team in continuous improvement techniques.
- Ensure all tooling, equipment and machinery are fully maintained to minimise poor quality and down time.
The Cell Leader - MRO have the following skills or experience:
- Supervisory experience in a complex, low/medium batch production cell or MRO with a proven track record of people and change management.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Quality Management Systems including traceability and operator self-inspection, training records, skills matrix, Human Factors.
- Precision assembly experience, specifically motors would be beneficial.
- Experience of problem-solving tools, 8D, Fish bone diagrams, Poke Yoke.
- A good level of understanding when reading drawings along with good I.T skills.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Cell Leader within MRO and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.