- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59313
Competitive Plus Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Production, Shift, Leadership, Manufacturing, IOSH, NEBOSH, IATF16949, CI, OEE, PPM, 8D
Our client a forward thinking and growing Automotive and General Engineering organisation with a track record of delivering world class products is seeking a Cell Leader (Days Based) who can take charge of one of the companies busy production units, leading a highly skills teams (10-15), managing health & safety initiatives while driving quality and process improvement initiatives. As part of their continued growth they are looking for an experienced and proactive Cell Leader who can effectively plan and prioritize workload, drive quality, implement procedures, lead teams and create a proactive culture through effective leadership.
The role of Cell Leader will be days based, providing direction and support, driving and improving performance being the key player in the development of standardisation, quality driven processes & a safety orientated workplace striving to improve on the company’s core strategic objectives, ensuring full adherence to operational goals and targets. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
As a Cell Leader your main responsibilities will be to;
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines / procedures are always followed.
- Ensure the principals and measures of safety are implemented and practiced.
- Ensure all safety metrics are communicated to management and team members on weekly basis.
- Ensure production plan is communicated on daily/weekly basis and delivered on time, in full.
- Ensure OEE / Efficiency is monitored and achieved hourly / daily / weekly / monthly.
- Ensure internal PPM is a maintained and a continuous reduction in the total defect ratio is achieved.
- Ensure all 8D reporting concern & countermeasures related to the Cell are managed and communicated to/from quality.
- Identify and coordinate with HR and Plant Manager any training needs in the team.
- Lead the Cell team member annual performance review/appraisal process.
- Manage & monitor team Hols/Sick/ Abs - coordinate backfill support from other Cell Leaders and/or Plant Manager if required.
- Work with Plant Maintenance Leader to ensure any equipment preventative maintenance is planned and manageable to the schedule.
- Operational Excellence – Cell On-Time Delivery to Production Plan, Cell Labour Productivity & Utilisation (TEEP), Cell Operational Efficiency (OEE) & Operator Performance, Cell Optimisation of Changeover times
- HSE – LTIs, Near Misses, Observation cards
- Quality - Internal Quality PPM, Cell COPQ
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the following:
- Background in team/cell leader with evidence to support ability to deliver against key performance measures
- Ability to prepare and present key operational metrics
- Familiarity with high volume welded/machined/pressed components/tappers and hydraulic assembly fixtures (advantageous)
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of HSE, quality, productivity, inventory control and process stewardship.
- Be a self-driven achiever, who takes a problem-solving approach to their work, leading by example.
- Ability to work effectively & co-ordinate changing plans to tight timescales.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Confident and clear communicator – written and verbal
- Understands the right balance of being a team leader/player
- Performance/results driven
- Able to identify the skills gaps in your team and put a plan in place to support
- Good computer literacy
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who can lead a production team (10+) within a medium volume production environment delivering high quality products to the automotive arena. In return for your experience, this West Midlands based company will offer you:
- An excellent basic salary with benefits
- Excellent opportunity to be part of the management team within a growing business, being able to positively impact business operations across the shift through strong leadership and ability to deliver
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in leading a production cell within an automotive, aerospace, manufacturing arena with exposure to pressed, welded fabricated and/or assembled products being a distinct advantage, especially at an SME level were adaptability and versatility is essential and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cell Leader role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.