A CAD Design Engineer is required to join an automotive OEM based in Fen End, responsible for carrying and cargo management systems, mud flaps, tow-bars, roof carrying, bike carrying, load space carrying solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Creation and authoring of 3D geometry and 2D drawings
- Develop & deliver consistent and efficient components for accessory products on time to cost, weight and PSW targets
- Support the management and coordination of engineering deliverables within the platform.
- Support the delivery of timely engineering solutions to programme requirements as per Gateway deliverables process
- Support the resolution of technical conflicts
The role involves development and delivery of such items as; carrying and cargo management systems, mud flaps, tow-bars, roof carrying, bike carrying, load space carrying solutions.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Catia V5, V6, Team centre
- Automotive experience
- Fluent in spoken/written English
- Proven experience in automotive with proven experience of component & system delivery
- Ability to generate CAD models using V5/V6
- Engineering Delivery experience for Plastic/Structural/Functional parts
- Automotive Engineering experience with an understanding of automotive product creation and delivery tools like Enovia PLM
- Experience using Catia V5, V6 & TCE
- Quality tools like FMEA and problem solving
- PDS creation
- Good understanding of materials and manufacturing technology
- Software Skills - PC Literate, MS Office Proficiency, MS Project knowledge
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.