Category Buyer - press tooling & assembly
Seeking a Category Buyer on a fixed term 6-month contract working for the one of the world's largest suppliers to the automotive industry.
As Category Buyer you will be responsible and accountable for the monitoring and managing the supplier base's performance, as defined by the category strategy.
- Monitors all Procurement strategies performances to ensure that the maximised value is achieved for the business
- Builds in-depth knowledge of the supply market within their category sector
- Monitors and supports the execution of all strategies, including supporting negotiation with suppliers, evaluating on-going contract and supplier performance and measuring contract compliance
- Support and implementation of sourcing of group-wide deals for the overall category strategy, including supporting any other category sourcing strategies
- Monitoring and reporting on strategic suppliers within the category
- Monitor and support the implementation, performance and compliance to group-wide deals in support of the category strategy
- Deliver and exceed targets set through clear objectives that link to the overall business and functional strategy
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Automotive sector experience with a Purchasing and Programme Management/Project bias
- Experience in press tooling and assembly purchases
- Experience with working with suppliers in China
- Understanding of QAF's and data harvesting/analysis
- MCIP's qualified or working towards MCIP's
- An engineering qualification
Desirable Skills and Experience Required:
- Prolific in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Previous experience of working at an OEM or large tier 1 supplier
- Commercially astute
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY!
Looking for an immediate start with interview taking place next week.