Range: Competitive + benefits
An experienced Category Buyer is required for a world leading off highway vehicle and equipment manufacturer based in Rocester, you will be contributing to the creation and execution of category strategies within the central purchasing team.
Candidates with significant category management across multiple categories and divisions would be well received.
This world leading off highway vehicle and equipment manufacturer based in Rocester requires an experienced motivated, dynamic, detailed and driven Category Buyer.
As a Category Buyer you will be required to:
- Ensuring that the supply base within that particular category is capable of meeting the quality and delivery expectations of BU’s and / or Regions.
- NPI - work in conjunction with Advanced and Business Unit Engineering to deliver the cost targets and delivery of these throughout the NPI process. Responsible for negotiating Development Agreements and setting up Technology reviews that deliver Innovation in line with the agreed Category Strategy. Spearheading concept competitions. Devise commercial solutions to customer requirements that maximise the business benefits whilst understanding the level of risk being taken.
- Quality- support SDE’s, and Quality teams to ensure supplier(s) meet Group and Category PPM targets.
- Cost - responsible for compiling and delivering an annual budget for their category and supporting the execution of the global elements of the budget and focus on Cost Management and improved levels of transparency (Quotation Analysis Forms) to leverage costs.
- Risk - To negotiate and agree Long Term Agreements with ‘Key’ suppliers where appropriate and assess that suppliers has sufficient capacity in place to support the 5 year growth plan.
- People - To ensure that relevant category strategies are supported and communicated within the appropriate BU and / or region.
- Management - Support the compilation and execution of relevant strategies within regional area of responsibility and to conduct formal supplier evaluation reviews with appropriate suppliers and follow up / drive key improvement actions.
The Category Buyer will have the following skills or experience:
- Budget planning and reporting, Supplier contracts, Practical problem solving, Advanced negotiation techniques, Category management.
- Project management, Inventory management understanding, Management Systems knowledge (ISO, PDCA, TQM, etc), Global sourcing, New Product Introduction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, Attention to Detail, Results ownership, Educated to degree level (Business or Engineering preferable), CIPS, 3 - 5 Years relevant experience, Customer focussed background.
- Category management experience – Hydraulics, Electrical & Electronics, Power Products (HVAC, cooling systems) or Castings.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with extensive Category Management experience and knowledge within a low volume highly regulated manufacturing and engineering environment. In return this Rocester based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have significant knowledge and experience of Category Management from within a manufacturing/engineering environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Category Buyer role, please contact Paul Broadhead, email@example.com at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.