Capital Equipment Category Buyer - 36681
Pay Rate: up to £41.42/hr Ltd – inside IR35 (PAYE option available)
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The Indirect Procurement (IP) Capital Equipment team procures global manufacturing and testing facilities including Trim & Final Assembly, Paint, Body in White, Engines, Electric Propulsion and Product Validation.
The team’s role is integral to the core businesses, being closely linked to the company’s direct manufacturing and test operations and vehicle cycle plan. This specific role will be procuring capital equipment for either Trim & Final Assembly or Paint across all facilities taking responsibility for sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management. The role requires a high level of interaction with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. The successful candidate will need to be a flexible team player with good organisation, communication and negotiation skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the application of the applicable category plans to specific sourcing requirements including supplier selection and go to market approach in line with policy.
- Development of specific category plans
- Delivering sourcing in line with policy and to agreed targets, through Global Sourcing Process and deploying Total Cost of Ownership approach were applicable.
- Ensuring sufficient capacity at nomination.
- Leading supplier sourcing negotiations and contracting, including legal and financial approval.
- Supporting cost events to ensure programme target alignment.
- Ensuring supplier quotations and costs are accurate and documented.
- Maximising IP influence and ensure alignment with Purchasing processes and policy.
- Providing supplier and supply chain risk management for assigned categories.
- Undertaking any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- An individual who is a team player, results driven, demonstrates flexibility, drive and perseverance to meet demanding work commitments
- An individual who is process driven, organised and focused on attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness, business acumen, negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels of the organisation and with Suppliers.
- Good stakeholder management and relationship management skills and experience.
- Commercial experience
- Procurement experience
- Experience of a medium/large sized company environment
- Degree qualified
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
- Hybrid working - 1 to 3 days in office/manufacturing plant per week, balance at home
- Indirect Procurement team is located at Gaydon Warwickshire - expectation is that at least 1 day per week at this location; expectation is that you will also travel to the stakeholder manufacturing locations (Birmingham and Liverpool) as and when required, indicatively this could be 1 day per week.
For further information, please send your interest and CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.