£35,000 + excellent pension
Operating from 10 sites across the globe employing 1,500 people, our client is a niche engineering manufacturer selling over 1million units per year into multiple sectors such as Biopharmaceutical, Water and Waste, Food & Beverage, Mining and the Chemical industry.
Impressive 10% YoY continuous growth has driven them to strengthen their Procurement team to take the business to the next level future proofing them for further expansion.
We are now looking for a Category Buyer to be responsible for the procurement of Direct and Indirect materials within agreed categories. The Category Buyer will work cross-functionally in supplier sourcing and selection, supplier appraisal and audits, supplier approval, price negotiation, contract award and maintaining and enhancing supplier relationships
60% of your time will be spent supplier facing whilst the remaining time will be spent on product NPI and development. Suitable candidates must have proven experience in Procurement within a Manufacturing, Engineering or similar business environment and have a working knowledge of strategic Category Management and high value negotiations.
About the role
- Motivate, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, and access to market innovation
- Manage a category of expenditure, ensuring timely supply of the right components are delivered at the right price
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities that represent best value for money for the organisation
- Develop, build and maintain collaborative working relationships with suppliers
- CIPS qualified or studying towards
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly developed in stakeholder relationship management skills and experience
- Demonstrable previous track record of successful Project Management
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Excellent rapport builder and supplier relationship management
The successful candidate will be given funding support to achieve CIPS accreditation if not already a member
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are an experienced Category Buyer and have an engineering or technical manufacturing background and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Category Buyer role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17