- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 11 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60261
Role: Category Buyer
Location: Can be based at either Peterborough, Peterlee, Springvale, Desford or Wolverhampton
Working: Remote initially, then hybrid working pattern throughout the year
Duration: Minimum 3 year contract
Pay: Up to £32 per hour Umbrella- Inside IR35
We are currently recruiting a Category Byer to work for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
We are seeking a buyer to join our clients UK based team with energy, capability and the desire to research, assess and deliver strategic sourcing plans along with driving execution, for Purchased Finished Drivetrain products, such as friction material, gearboxes, yokes, driveshafts and more, while managing productive commercial relationships with our current supply base.
Collaborating with our global purchasing colleagues they will deliver the European element of a unified, competitive, risk mitigated, 5-year strategy. This will ensure secured supply through the business cycles for the global facilities that we serve.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- This role is responsible and accountable for the development, and / or communication and implementation of a regional strategy into support of a global sourcing strategy in PF Drivetrain. Responsible for development, management, and execution of the regional category strategy managing policies, agreements, source catalogues, and special procurement programs.
- Ensure business continuity, supplier risk management (capacity & financial), assurance of supply, contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost / spend management, Total Cost of Acquisition (TCA) assurance, supplier on / off boarding, response time optimisation and resource management decisions
- Demonstrate leadership in recognising the potential for cost and inventory reductions and promoting a Zero-Defect methodology, as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- To serve as the primary contact for commercial discussions and negotiations with suppliers
- Promote the highest level of professionalism and business ethics
- Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers to lead and drive continuous improvement in Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development and Management (QCLDM) with key suppliers.
- Build and foster mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organisational levels.
- Identify, qualify, and on-board new suppliers and proactively manage their maturation within the business units
Skills and Experience required for the role:
- Experience in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, or engineering ideally gained in a manufacturing, off highway machines (Construction/Mining)
- An undergraduate degree from a college or university or equivalent experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, reaching consensus on specific actions along with project execution.
- Relevant Purchasing experience
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form at all levels within the business units and supply base
- Sound negotiation experience; able to interpret, analyse, and negotiate contractual cost elements.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Sound knowledge of r procurement systems and procedures such as purchasing practices
- Understanding of Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development and Management principles (QCLDM) principles.
- Supplier Capacity planning tools such as Rough Cut Capacity Planning
- Professional certification in Purchasing and / or Inventory Management preferred e.g. CIPS
- Working with other European cultures as many of the suppliers are in Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy)
Demand for this role will be undoubtedly high therefore if you would like to process a full application please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 / email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.